Street Ransom is involved in the community in three ways:
Bringing the issue of local sex trafficking to the attention of the public and equipping youth with the knowledge to avoid being lured into dangerous relationships.
- Prevention education: Street Ransom uses an educational curriculum to teach at schools and detention homes in VA.
- Events and Races: Request a speaker for an event at your school, church, or organization. Register for Roanoke’s annual 5K race, “Run 4 Their Lives”
- Radio and billboards: Public service announcements air regularly and billboards are displayed throughout the Roanoke Valley.
Wrap Around Services
Helping victims where they are by supplying basic needs to restore human worth and dignity.
- Case Work – finding a shelter or other housing
- Legal – counseling, support, etc.
Providing a secure haven where occupants will be given both comfort and safety.
Street Ransom is preparing to open a crisis shelter for survivors of sex trafficking. Eight private rooms will be available for accommodating female juvenile survivors for up to 90 days. This shelter will serve as an assessment center and will provide survivors with:
- Gospel Teaching
- Medical Services